[TYPO3-core] RFC #11105: Feature: Add a method to register an Extbase plugin

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Mon May 18 09:45:44 CEST 2009

Sebastian KurfŸürst schrieb:
> Hi Masi,
>
>> But ExtBase itself is an extension. So any code regarding this extension
>> should be done within it.
> I'd like to hear some more opinions on that from some more guys (and
> girls) :-) Any more comments?
>
>> So ExtBase should provide its own Plugin
>> Manager (or probably a Package Manager).
>
> I don't think it is a good idea to have a separate EM for Extbase - as
> the end-user will not care if it is a pibase-based extension or an
> Extbase extension.

I wouldn't add any extension specific code into t3lib. It has nothing to
to with ExtBase. I don't like even those existing parts of t3lib that
assume extension "cms" is present.

Anyway we're not talking about the EM with the UI but the *class*
t3lib_extMgm. The end user in this case is a developer who explicitly
wrote a plugin for ExtBase. As he does care he can be bothered to use an
ExtBase method to install his plugin in ext_localconf.php.

I have no problems - as I have said - with a hook that extends the
current plugin APIs.

Masi