[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10993: install tool shows plain passwords

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb] mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Fri May 15 23:10:46 CEST 2009

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Bugfix
>
> Branches: trunk
>
> BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10993
>
> Problem:
> When passwords are printed out (eg for database connection) they should
> be not plain text.
> Also create admin user should use a password input field

We took a closer look during the Patch Review Session at T3DD09 and came
up with this solution:

We'd like to skip the "this field is needed or not" discussion but we
definitely need to fix the plain text output after the new password has
been saved.

Since we only do the review, please fix this "rather small issue" in
order to get the patch committed.

Thanks for being our lab-bunny. ;-)

cheers
mathias and the review ---um... team...