[TYPO3-core] RFC #10786: Add a wrapper for mysql_fetch_field in t3lib_db

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Wed May 13 13:32:09 CEST 2009

Michael Stucki schrieb:

> Since I would like to keep away any DBM specific code from extensions,
> I still think that it makes most sense if it's part of t3lib_db.

Fully agreed. I think that a portable solution does indeed belong to
t3lib_db, but not in it's current form.

> PS: In order to not forget the list of things that must be done before
> 4.3 final, I propose to have a TODO.txt in the root of TYPO3core. All
> items listed in it must be fixed before 4.3 in any case...

OK, if we really mean to fix ALL items on this list before shipping the
final version.

Masi

PS: If we later find that there is no meaningful portable way to do it
right, we have to remove the function from t3lib_db as a last resort!