[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11006: Bug: Tooltip for page path in Page/List module is missing

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Wed May 6 17:19:26 CEST 2009

Hi Francois,

Francois Suter schrieb:
> Hi,
>
>> Solution:
>> Add an <abbr> tag with the full path.
>
> Here's a different version of the patch following the various remarks by
> myself and others in this thread. I propose to directly use the
> "_theFullPath" field and crop it to the last 50 chars. This avoids the
> problem of having page names cropped inside the path, then that whole
> path cropped again, which can lead to an overabundance of dots in the path.
>
> To check whether the path was cropped or not (i.e. if it is necessary to
> add the <abbr> tag or not), I just check if the path to be displayed
> begins by "..." or not.
>
> Let me know what you think.
>
> Cheers

i don't like
if (strpos($croppedTitle, '...') === 0)

i would make it like
if ($croppedTitle !== $title)

And crop length, why not using $BE_USER->uc['titleLen'] and only 50 if
it's not set?

With this changes here's my +1 by reading

btw - for path i miss the crop feature "in between" like
xx/xxx/xxx...xxx/xxx

vg Steffen