[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11006: Bug: Tooltip for page path in Page/List module is missing

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Wed May 6 16:50:34 CEST 2009

Hi,

> Solution:
> Add an <abbr> tag with the full path.

Here's a different version of the patch following the various remarks by
myself and others in this thread. I propose to directly use the
"_theFullPath" field and crop it to the last 50 chars. This avoids the
problem of having page names cropped inside the path, then that whole
path cropped again, which can lead to an overabundance of dots in the path.

To check whether the path was cropped or not (i.e. if it is necessary to
add the <abbr> tag or not), I just check if the path to be displayed
begins by "..." or not.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

--