[TYPO3-core] [TYPO3-project-4-3] Re: RFC: #10764: Use new JS-function for loading prototype/scriptaculous/extJS

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Tue May 5 22:00:00 CEST 2009

Jeff Segars wrote:
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> This is SVN patch request.
>>
>> Type: Bugfix
>>
>> Bugtracker references:
>> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10764
>>
>> Branches: trunk
>>
>> Since #10144 there are simplified methods for BE-inclusion of this
>> main JS-libs.
>> Now use them.
>>
>> vg Steffen
>>

> It looks like the t3lib_tceforms portion of this patch causes problems
> with frontend editing when the editing forms are shown on the page
> rather than in a popup. In that case, $GLOBALS['SOBE']->doc doesn't
> exist at all.
>
> The obvious solution would be to add a wrapper like we see in
> loadJavascriptLib so that it can be handled differently in the frontend
> (t3lib_tceforms_fe) and backend (t3lib_tceforms) contexts.  There's
> enough logic around these loaders that creating a doc object in the
> frontend editing context might be a better long term solution. I'll
> think about that a little more...

Attached is a quick and dirty patch that creates a dummy class so that
$GLOBALS['SOBE']->doc exists in a frontend context and has a valid
template instance.  It's far from an optimal solution but maybe it will
spur some discussion about possible solutions.

I'm cross-posting this to the 4-3.general list and setting the follow up
there for any further discussions.

Thanks!
Jeff