[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10764: Use new JS-function for loading prototype/scriptaculous/extJS

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Mon May 4 19:05:46 CEST 2009

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>
> Jeff Segars schrieb:
>> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> This is SVN patch request.
>>>
>>> Type: Bugfix
>>>
>>> Bugtracker references:
>>> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10764
>>>
>>> Branches: trunk
>>>
>>> Since #10144 there are simplified methods for BE-inclusion of this
>>> main JS-libs.
>>> Now use them.
>>>
>>> vg Steffen
>>>

>> It looks like the t3lib_tceforms portion of this patch causes problems
>> with frontend editing when the editing forms are shown on the page
>> rather than in a popup. In that case, $GLOBALS['SOBE']->doc doesn't
>> exist at all.
>>
>> The obvious solution would be to add a wrapper like we see in
>> loadJavascriptLib so that it can be handled differently in the
>> frontend (t3lib_tceforms_fe) and backend (t3lib_tceforms) contexts.
>> There's enough logic around these loaders that creating a doc object
>> in the frontend editing context might be a better long term solution.
>> I'll think about that a little more...
>>

> i tested through all contexts, but missed testing in FE-edit, popup.
Sure, easy mistake to make :)  I'm thinking about creating the doc
instance so that we don't have these two separate paths to worry about,
but there may be other issues that result from it.

> I also wonder why it doesn't work since now, as $this->loadJavascriptLib
> is only a wrapper function that also uses $GLOBALS['SOBE']->doc, so how
> worked this before this patch?

Make sure you check out t3lib_tceforms_fe also :) It has its own version
of loadJavascriptLib() that uses TSFE->additionalHeaderData instead.