[TYPO3-core] RFC #11016: Implement RSA authentication for BE and FE

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue May 5 10:22:33 CEST 2009

Dmitry Dulepov wrote: on 03.05.2009 20:22:

>> Concerning enabling this new feaure: Can you think about another way
>> than setting the property "loginSecurityLevel" to "rsa" in Install Tool?
>
> Not sure... At least this is not a thing that should be done lightly.
> RSA auth requires a PHP extension or a command line utility. If
> neither  is present but RSA auth is enabled, users will not be able
> to login at all. So it should not be like a checkbox. I think
> requiring Install tool setting serves like a protection against
> accidental enabling of this login method.

I think it should be the other way around: the feature should
"autodiscover" if it can be enabled and not allow it to be chosen if the
pre-requesites aren't there. This is a job for the "install tool" of
course, so that it could be enabled by default if the prerequesites are
found (and it shouldn't allow it to be set if the prerequesites are not
in place).

Cheers,
Ernesto