[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11019: User Setup Rewrite #4

Oliver Hader oliver at typo3.org
Mon May 4 18:43:55 CEST 2009

Hi Masi,

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Oliver Hader schrieb:
>
>> Some comments on reviewing:
>> * before using another abbreviation in a new global variable, I'd like
>> to a registry singleton that delivers the same configuration by e.g.
>> "$userSettings = t3lib_Registry::getUserSettings();"
>
> I think you missed the point. $TUS is a definition array similar to $TCA.

I don't think so.

$TUS contains information that is required for visual representation of
the user settings in the backand (module "User Tools"). $TUS is not
required to be directly accessible globally, e.g. in t3lib_TCEmain or
any frontend extension. Thus, the scope is completely different to $TCA.

The idea is great since it offers an easy way to modify the stuff in the
user settings module without using complicated hooks. However I'd like
to see a general approach (it does not only concern this RFC) to handle
objects that are currently in $GLOBALS[...].

I talked to Steffen in between and we agreed to think about a registry
object in TYPO3 later on.

olly
--
Oliver Hader