[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10320: Feature: Split css styled content templates in version templates to get rid of the compat version checks

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Mon Mar 30 21:04:50 CEST 2009

Hi,

> For faster rendering and less chaotic code it would be nice to have
> different templates for each TYPO3 version. Attached patch splits up
> css_styled_content and gets rid of the compat version checks. (See also
> discussion on the content rendering list for further information)

Committed to trunk (revision 5242)

Attached is the final version of the patch. It includes backporting of
bugs solved in the meantime and that affected css_styled_contents (RFCs
#8487, #10083 and #10768).

I thought this was worth mentioning NEWS.txt. However I'm not really
familiar with what goes into this file, so I have added a separate diff
so that you can easily see what I've written there.

It may be worth updating the documentation, but it's so old and
incomplete, that I didn't feel like opening Pandora's box. But if you
think it's important I can at least update the screenshot which show how
to include the static template (because there are now 4 to choose from).

There was one question open (see point 7 of my post from 13.03.09), but
an improvement can come at a later time. I have added a TODO to that effect.

And I've an additional new question: css_styled_content's version was
already raised for 4.3. I suppose it's not necessary to raise it further?

Thanks again to Susanne Moog for her work and the testers for their efforts.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter