[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10777: Bug: Make versioning module skinnable

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Thu Mar 26 15:49:44 CET 2009

Hey Dmitry.

On 26.03.2009 15:29 Uhr, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> This is not an objection against your patch. This is more a comment
> that I do not like the icon because it looks foreign to t3skin. TYPO3
> lacks qualified graphics designers, this is why we have such
> problems. We should have asked Lasse about icons...
You know, my problem is that we asked Jens, he created icons one year
ago and they're still floating around, and now we don't like them,
because it could offend our existing style. With this attitude, we're
never able to change something in the design, we can only create
someting new (like a t3skin-v2 that might be someday replace the
existing one). We really miss some leader in design aspects who decides
in which direction the Backend goes.

We have a HCI team but there are mostly coders in there, and even though
there are non-programmers there, it seems that they don't have such an
authority that we even need to disucss stuff like that here.

Dmitry, this is no critism to you, but a general issue we're facing in
TYPO3 development for a couple of years now, and it would be great if we
have some new enthusiasm in the design aspect of the backend (probably
from none of the core team :), someone external).

All the best,
Benni.