[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10660: "Click to remove the file now!" to remove ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL only when file is writeable

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Fri Mar 20 10:36:23 CET 2009

Christian Kuhn wrote:
> A file can be deleted (unlink()), if the user has write permissions to
> the directory, regardless of the access permissions to the file itself.
>
> typo3conf/ should be writable anyway, the install tool will complain if
> its not.

Uhh.. wow. Learned something new, again :)

Are you sure this works in the same way on other platforms (Windows)?

What I really wonder, is why I wasn't able to delete the file using the link
some days ago. But as typo3conf/ must be writeable in every case, I quite
think we could drop this RFC, can't we?

Steffen