[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10660: "Click to remove the file now!" to remove ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL only when file is writeable

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Thu Mar 19 16:57:01 CET 2009

Hi.

Steffen Gebert wrote:
> Problem:
> #5788 introduced a nice link to remove the ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL file directly
> in the nag-box in About Modules.
> Unfortunately the link "Click to remove the file now!" is also displayed, if
> the webserver user has no rights to delete the file at all.
>
> Solution:
> Add check is_writable()

A file can be deleted (unlink()), if the user has write permissions to
the directory, regardless of the access permissions to the file itself.

typo3conf/ should be writable anyway, the install tool will complain if
its not.

Still this patch doesn't hurt, so here is my +1 on reading and testing
with attached _v2, which checks is_writable() of typo3conf/ directory.

Regards
Christian