[TYPO3-core] FYI: TYPO3 4.3-alpha2 on March 8th 2009

Oliver Hader oliver at typo3.org
Thu Mar 12 13:19:25 CET 2009

Hi Franz,

Franz Koch schrieb:
> I'm just curios which features currently not on the roadmap (although on
> the task list) might make it into 4.3 final, as the list on forge until
> feature freeze doesn't mention them:
> - refactoring of TCEforms?

This project was been started but with to results that can be integrated
into the Core yet. We'll see, if there's something in the next few weeks.

> - new form wizard?
> - new install tool?

These projects have been "sponsored projects". However, there was not
that much funding or it came too late. The form project (it's not only
the wizard) is in progress and might be available as external extension
for TYPO3 4.3 - otherwise it will be integratet into TYPO3 4.4.
The new install tool will not be part of 4.3 due to missing money...

> - the CSC improvements done by Uschi I think (sorry if I remembered the
> wrong name)

Riona Kuthe had a talk about that at the T3CON08 in Berlin... I asked
for information but did not receive any yet. I'll ask again...

> - extraction of WS GUI

Currently no progress.

> Especially the form wizard would be a nice benefit for editors, whereas
> the rest is more developer oriented.
>
> There was also a discussion once about a up2date multimedia CE - is this
> one already on a roadmap for a future T3 release?

All these features are nice... but not done automatically or by a single
person. Please consider that most power is put into TYPO3 in leisure
time and mostly without any sponsoring.

olly
--
Oliver Hader