[TYPO3-core] FYI: TYPO3 4.3-alpha2 on March 8th 2009

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Thu Mar 12 10:06:08 CET 2009

Hi,
>> a long time has passed and I just wanted to announce that TYPO3
>> 4.3-alpha2 is planned to be released in the afternoon/evening of Sunday,
>> March 8th 2009. So, please publish the features you'd like to see in
>> alpha2 and send reminders for RFCs that are still pending.
>>
>> olly
>
> I'd like to release TYPO3 4.3-alpha2 tonite. Please tell me if there are
> things that are urgent or missing in that release.
>
> The following features are postponed to the next release:
> * FE editing
> * mass file uploader
> * autoloading of PHP classes

I'm just curios which features currently not on the roadmap (although on
the task list) might make it into 4.3 final, as the list on forge until
feature freeze doesn't mention them:
- refactoring of TCEforms?
- new form wizard?
- new install tool?
- the CSC improvements done by Uschi I think (sorry if I remembered the
wrong name)
- extraction of WS GUI

Especially the form wizard would be a nice benefit for editors, whereas
the rest is more developer oriented.

There was also a discussion once about a up2date multimedia CE - is this
one already on a roadmap for a future T3 release?

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch