[TYPO3-core] FYI: committed the first unit tests for the updated caching framework (part of #10614)

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Sat Mar 7 21:24:04 CET 2009

Oliver Klee wrote:

Hi Oliver,

> As far as I see, currently the core tests are broken.

nope, the tests are correct as I only committed the test cases that ran
through (there's still one test case for the factory were two tests fail
for yet unknown reasons). However, the thing is that these tests test
the code as in FLOW3's current version of the caching framework. I'm
going to commit that version of the caching framework tomorrow. Then the
caching framework code will pass the tests, too.

	...As far as I remember this should be the correct way anyways, right?!
- First create the tests and then make the code pass them...

I didn't commit the changes on the caching framework yet as we have
caching backends in 4.x that do not exist in FLOW3. Thus there are no
tests for them either (yet). As soon as I've completed them I'll commit.

Hope it's more clear now.

all the best
Ingo

P.S. One hint though: to be able to run through all the tests then,
you'll need the APC PHP extension, the "memcache" (there's also a
"memcached" (notice the d) extension) PHP extension and memcached running

--
Ingo Renner