[TYPO3-core] RFC #10601: Cleanup: Move static dyntabmenu code in external file

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Mar 4 11:13:23 CET 2009

Hi!

Benjamin Mack wrote:
> BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10601
>
> Problem:
> Right now, the dyntabmenu gets included in the HTML header as a string
> in every file that is used. This way, there can be no caching of this
> static data at all. That's why I want to extract it in a separate JS
> file (typo3/js/tabmenu.js) while maintaining full backwarts
> compatibility for all use-cases.
>
> Notes:
> There is no functional change in the dyntabmenu code itself, I leave
> this up for others. That's why I consider this almost a no-brainer, but
> want to leave this RFC up for comments for now :)

The idea is +1! I want this a lot for TemplaVoila ;) I would like to have a little enhancement. I attach a patch with a minified version of this script. I would like it to be used instead of a full version with comments/GPL. We should have these two files in the same directory.

The code is tested. +1.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team