[TYPO3-core] RFC #10497: Mark t3lib_div::makeInstanceClassName() as deprecated

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Mar 3 11:05:02 CET 2009

Hi!

Benjamin Mack wrote:
> you want to give a -1 ? Veto is such a strong measure ;-).

I really dislike vetos but we absolutely can't have this change in trunk unless those deprecation messages stop spoiling the backend/frontend. For example, they will kill AJAX and XML output (they do it already for some extensions). I thought for the whole hour before writing the "v" word. I hate vetos. But it is absolutely no-go because it breaks too much :(

I am sorry for using the "v" word but I see no other alternative. It is only for the best of TYPO3.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team