[TYPO3-core] RFC #10497: Mark t3lib_div::makeInstanceClassName() as deprecated

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Tue Mar 3 10:59:32 CET 2009

Hey Dmitry,

On 02.03.2009 12:57 Uhr, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Ingo Renner wrote:
>> Thus t3lib_div::makeInstanceClassName() is not needed anymore and should
>> be avoided due to the missing check for t3lib_Singleton.
>
> Veto this because it will break many extensions that use constructors with parameters. This change is not useful.
you want to give a -1 ? Veto is such a strong measure ;-).

I hereby give a "-1" as long as we have that PHP_Notice by default with
the deprecation log. Otherwise it really messes up a lot of extensions.
I could also imagine adding a @deprecated comment to the
makeInstanceClassName() now, and add the deprecation-log call for 4.4.

Sorry, this -1 should have gotten to the other RFC where you introduced
the deprecation log call (#10454).

Once this is fixed (probably in a separate RFC), my "-1" is no longer valid.

All the best,
Benni.