[TYPO3-core] RFC #10497: Mark t3lib_div::makeInstanceClassName() as deprecated

Niels Pardon mail at niels-pardon.de
Mon Mar 2 14:45:16 CET 2009

Hi Ingo!

Ingo Renner schrieb:
> In case you didn't understand the issue: Please see my responses to
> Dmitry. Extensions will _at the earliest_ break with 4.5. I wouldn't
> care for extension authors that didn't notice the deprecation warnings
> until then...

I noticed that there is a depreciation warning issued every time a call
to a deprecated method is made.

I think as soon as this function is marked deprecate and a warning is
issued there will be a lot of user requests who are asking what this
warning is about and how to get rid of it.

The only way to avoid this for an extension author is to have two
branches of his extensions. One which uses the way in < 4.3 and one
which uses the way in >= 4.3.

I would appreciate a two phase depreciation solution.

1. Mark the function deprecated in 4.3.
2. Issue the warning in 4.4.

If I see this correctly this is the same as it is done in PHP. First
functions get deprecated "by convention" and then in a following version
calls to this functions issue a warning.

Greets,

Niels