[TYPO3-core] RFC #10497: Mark t3lib_div::makeInstanceClassName() as deprecated

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Mar 2 14:38:08 CET 2009

Hi!

Ingo Renner wrote:
> if we stop inovating and streamlining we get no where. Competitors are
> not going to wait for us.

It is not innovation. It is creating irritation for developers :) Innovation would be using AJAX to save BE forms. Showing debug message about deprecated call over "save" button in BE is not innovation :(

>> In addition reflection is slow in PHP. makeInstance() with parameters
>> uses reflection. So it is a performance killer.
>
> I would like you to not put it in such harsh words. I know that
> reflection is not the fastest thing in PHP, however this can only
> improve, and very likely will. It is, however a clean soultion. For now
> there are also very few places where a constuctor with parameters is
> used - compared to places we do not have parameters.

It is not harsh, it is the truth :( May be it will improve. No one known when it will happen. But people have to build web sites now. I am fighting for every performance bit in TYPO3 for years. This change slows down TYPO3. So I am a bit concerned about it. Nothing more :)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team