[TYPO3-core] RFC #10497: Mark t3lib_div::makeInstanceClassName() as deprecated

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Mon Mar 2 14:30:13 CET 2009

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

Dmitry,

> I mean that this is not really acceptable:
>
> ==============
> ==============

don't think that complicated, just set the requirement/limit for an
extension to 4.3. Two versions (till 4.5) should be enough time to adopt
existing extensions.

if we stop inovating and streamlining we get no where. Competitors are
not going to wait for us.

> In addition reflection is slow in PHP. makeInstance() with parameters uses reflection. So it is a performance killer.

I would like you to not put it in such harsh words. I know that
reflection is not the fastest thing in PHP, however this can only
improve, and very likely will. It is, however a clean soultion. For now
there are also very few places where a constuctor with parameters is
used - compared to places we do not have parameters.

best
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner