[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10455: Feature request - recycler

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Sun Mar 1 20:08:36 CET 2009

Hi,

> We already have something called a "Recycler" in TYPO3, which is a
> special pagetype. Personally, I never used either of these two features,
> however I don't like having two "Recycler" features. This could lead to
> something similar to what we have with "Shortcuts" (the BE shortcuts and
> the pagetype), which is hard to get rid of in naming.

I haven't tested this new feature yet, but I thought it was finally
fullfilling the existing recycler rather than introducing a new one.

> 3. Get rid of the existing pagetype "recycler" completely and add a new
> option in the new recycler for the ones that were previously on the
> "recycler" pages.

+1 to that option. Whatever the final choice, we definitely should have
only one thing called "recycler". Since the existing "recycler" page
type does nothing more than a common sysFolder AFAIK, I say we should
get rid of it anyway (now that we have something better).

Cheers

--

Francois Suter