[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9599: [felogin] Enable Caching "USER" instead of "USER_INT"

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Jun 30 23:55:39 CEST 2009

Hi Steffen,

> imho there are two possibilities which i check out
> 1) provide the switch in constructor of pi1 as well, as Stucki
> suggested. I already did the patch and will test it

Good.

> 2) Use the USER_INT on the fly provided by Dmitry. As the switch is new
> in 4.3 we don't have to care about 4.2 for this.

As it seems to me this "feature" has no real use. It is even misleading
since it seems to provide a feature which can't be solved that way.

I think it is good to keep the condition like it is now and just fix the
plugin as I already explained.

For the dynamic switching, I propose a different solution which also
works for cached pages. I'm going to explain that at a later time...

> Both solution have one drawback: plugin wont work if you define in TS:
> plugin.tx_felogin_pi1 = USER_INT

That is why we have an API for such things: t3lib_extMgm::addPItoST43(...)

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out