[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9599: [felogin] Enable Caching "USER" instead of "USER_INT"

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue Jun 30 10:48:37 CEST 2009

Martin Kutschker wrote: on 30.06.2009 10:00:

>>> If you have a FORM and the form result on one page (implemented by a
>>> single plugin) then you need a USER_INT. If you start with a USER you
>>> cannot switch back to USER_INT no matter what TS conditions you have.
>> I don't think this is true. If the condition matches, the original cache
>> entry (the one with the USER object) won't match anymore and another
>> rendering process will start (where the plugin is USER_INT).
>
> Hm, so really only the condition check was wrong?
>
>>> For this situation they have over-optimized the plugin.
>> Can you explain what you mean with "over-optimized"?
>
> The plugin worked well for normal usage. It didn't after "someone"
> started to fiddle with conditions to make a special case work.

Ok, I think I have missed that part where you said something didn't
work, sorry. I haven't tested and was just arguing by "reading", as the
conditions seemed fine to me. I re-read your mails and it seems you have
just something conceptually against the proposed patch. If you have a
test-case where it doesn't work, could you build up an example where we
can test it?

>> Your simple solution also won't work, because the login-form has to be
>> transformed into a "Logout-Form" as soon as the user is logged in. And
>> also, if you don't have a specific target-page, your login-box also has
>> to show login-errors (wrong password, etc), so it has to somehow
>> transform into a USER_INT as soon as a login-attemt is made.

> Then let it stay a USER_INT ;)

The idea is that the site should not need USER_INT, unless an user is
logged in or tries to log in. But you know the idea of course. :)

Cheers,
Ernesto