[TYPO3-core] RFC #5381: htmlspecialchars and noBlur for tt_content.menu

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Jun 29 15:50:22 CEST 2009

Hi Michael,

we have split up css_styled_content setup.txt files (see #10320). So if
someone has compatVersion 4.2.0 (or less) he will use the
static/v4.2/setup.txt (or less), which were not changed. There is a
wizard in the upgrade-tool which modifies all TS-templates to use the
one that is correct for him based on the compatVersion.

The idea of the "split up" was to have less conditions in TS. I am still
not entirely convinced that this was a good step, but anyhow it got
enough +1 and was applied, so we have to live with it.

I have no other information on how to deal with modifications to CSC
TypoScript, and in my eyes this was the best way to do it and have it
documented. I have already once tried to start a discussion on that
topic (see last posts on #10320), but came to no real conclusion.

I think it is part of the upgrade process to inform the user about this
change (Steffen suggested "NEWS.txt" for this information).

Please suggest another way, if you think this is bogus.

Cheers,
Ernesto