[TYPO3-core] RFC Bug #11251: Use InnoDB for user/group tables

Oliver Hader oliver at typo3.org
Thu Jun 25 20:34:27 CEST 2009

Hi Ernesto,

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> what makes the fe/be-group/users tables need to handle "concurrent
> modifications"? I agree that *sessions tables are a candidate for InnoDB
>  to avoid locking the whole table, we have it already there for
> fe_session_data. But the users/group tables are pretty "static", and
> could stay as simple MyISAM tables?
>
> Or do you plan to change all tables to InnoDB in the end?

Okay, the groups tables and be_users table could stay with MyISAM. I'm
currently working on a project that handles a lot of frontend users and
registering/importing using an external service.

With using InnoDB I (of course) experienced better results for the
frontend user stuff.

No, I don't plan to change all tables to InnoDB...

olly
--
Oliver Hader
TYPO3 Release Manager 4.3