[TYPO3-core] RFC #11354: Bug: Extension manager does not show up Configuration Categories Menu

Vladimir Podkovanov admin at sitesfactory.ru
Thu Jun 25 01:43:20 CEST 2009

Francois Suter wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> committed to trunk, rev 5631
>
> I really wonder about committing to 4.1 and 4.2 too. The advantage would
> be that this feature would work at least with 4.1.x and 4.2.x provided
> one upgrades to latest version. It seems better than not having it at
> all in these branches.
>
> Maybe it's not worth bothering about 4.1, but I would commit to 4.2 at
> least.
>
> (I know I expressed a different opinion at some point, but I've changed
> my mind).
>
> Cheers

I'm agree. In this case it does make sense as if it will go to trunk
only then new extentsions with re-discovered conf selector will be
available for 4.3 only. So developers will have to choice to write
extension for 4.3 only or does not implement the selector at all.

If the feature would be available for all 4.x branch it is looks more
logical as developers would not be forced to raise requirements for an
extension up to 4.3

On the other hand the bug is pretty simple and patching the selector in
4.1, 4.2 should not affect old extensions in any way.

--
-rgds-
Vladimir