[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11368: ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL file should be ignored if older than one hour

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Jun 23 15:33:07 CEST 2009

Hi Ernesto,

>> I think it's a bad habit and we should stop suppressing warnings.
>> Reason: No warning is displayed as long as display_errors is turned off.
>> However, if the error is suppressed, also the error_log won't indicate
>> any errors.
>>
>> Prove me wrong but otherwise I'll better keep the unlink call without
>> the "@".
>
> I think that we have several use-cases already for "always on
> installer". At least on development machines, I have it enabled all the
> time. The environments are on the LAN and they of also have
> displayErrors set to 1.

The file is not removed if it has a content "KEEP_FILE".

> So my idea would be to "lock" the ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL file with chattr
> (Steffen is right, it can be deleted even if owned by root) but then I
> will end up getting warnings on every install-tool-hit.

Not needed and not recommended, as it is file-system specific.

> How else can I can force to keep install tool "active" all the time? I
> confess I haven't figured out what the conclusion of this thread was,
> maybe my use-case is already covered someway.

See above. You probably just missed that.

- michael

PS: I would recommend setting displayErrors to 2 which triggers errors
only if the devIPmask matches...
--
Use a newsreader! Check out