[TYPO3-core] RFC #5045, #5077, #8649: Import/Export requires lot of memory

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Mon Jun 22 09:23:49 CEST 2009

Hey Bernhard,

just stumbled over your patch while having the same problem.

Tested it, however it does not apply cleanly to trunk, 4.2 or 4.1.

I tested it in 4.1 after removing all the PHP5 statements (this client
had a PHP4 still going, I just don't like RHEL because of that long
support ;-)) and it works! Thanks a lot. I will now see if it produces
the same output

Also, I did not review the code, but while removing some PHP5-specific
code, I stumbled over "private" functions. These should be "protected"
because of XCLASSing (so subclasses can access these methods as well).

Could you please send an updated patch? Thank you.

All the best,
Benni.