[TYPO3-core] RFC Bug #10951, #9843: Hidden content elements displays in Module viewpage

Niels Fröhling niels.froehling at adsignum.com
Tue Jun 16 04:47:43 CEST 2009

Susanne Moog wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Niels Fröhling schrieb:
>> This is an SVN patch request.
>>
>> Type:
>> Bugfix
>>
>> Bugtracker references:
>> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10951
>>
>> Branches:
>> trunk
>>
>> Problem:
>> Content elements with property "hidden" shows up while using the View
>> module on a non-admin user and adminpanel disabled.
>> They do not show up on the website, only in the backend while previewing
>> the webpage using the "View" module.
>
> How do I reproduce this? I just created an editor user, disabled the
> admin panel and went to Web>View: Hidden elements are not shown. (Using
> current trunk)

  Hm, the description of the bug (from Erik) might not be exactly appropriate. I
fixed that bug in that bug-report because a lot of differently reported
behaviour pointed to the same source.

  What you can easily reproduce is this:
0011213: Running FE-simulation doesn't hide "hide on FE-login" elements

  Make a fe-page, there put a fe-contentelement, make it "hide on fe-login",
(have a login-mechanism ready, login), look at the page either really logged in
or with fe-group simulation, the element will not disappear. The reason is that
Web->View parameters trigger versioning, which it shouldn't.

  You also will see a red box on the top-right which will talk about workspace
"", even though you didn't create, have or have enabled any workspaces (which
pointed me to the root-cause, and which you gave +1 for).

  Ciao
    Niels