[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11271: Use 2 level cache for BEgetRootLine

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri Jun 5 22:39:13 CEST 2009

Hi,

i know there are several ways to optimize.
I came with the idea of nested sets some time ago, and the discussion
ends up in nirvana, core team wasn't delighted by this.
Now i knoe why, all the mounts / versions makes it really difficult, as
it's not straight ahead. Especially pages which use the overlay table
makes it even more complicated.

So - what is the cache for? It's used to save time and memory for often
used operations, and that is exactly what i tried to do. I don't see a
problem.

And as long there are no alternatives, why block speeding up things?

Ok, currently i'm working on cacheHandler in tcemain, so any operation
changes page records and the rootline should flush the cache with this
tag. Then all is fine.

So please don't use RFCs for philosophical discussions which doesn't
help at all at this place, for general discussions we have special list.
I'm tired of being hijacked so often with my RFCs.

No offense against anyone, only bid for concentrating on RFC issue, thx.

vg Steffen