[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11271: Use 2 level cache for BEgetRootLine

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Fri Jun 5 15:37:16 CEST 2009

On Jun 5, 2009, at 8:00 AM, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>> It won't. The code to invalidate the cache is missing (see thread).
>
> I guessed so... I read the thread but it is hard to follow.
>
> A problem with tagging will also be that moving 1B from my example
> will invalidate three caches (any page that has 1B in its rootline).
> In case of a large tree it can be a huge number of pages.
>
> I think we should go another way. We are trying to cure the
> consequences of the problem, not the problem itself. The
> consequences is that BEgetRootline is slow. The cause is multiple
> queries. Should we cure the cause instead? I still think that we can
> add nested sets to our page tree and use that to fetch the whole
> rootline at once. It takes a single query on two indexed integer
> fields! (Well, we need to think about MPs too)
>
> If pages are rearranged, updating nested set markers is easy
> (another single query). And we do not need any cache at all.
>
> http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/articles/hierarchical-data.html

http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/nestedsets_pages/current/

I have no idea in what state it is, the whole nested set idea came
already a couple of times
on one of the lists.... but I remember it worked in the BE.
it is by no means optimized, but allows you to play with the concept...

			regards, Ries van Twisk

Ries van Twisk
tags: Freelance TYPO3 Glassfish JasperReports JasperETL Flex Blaze-DS
WebORB PostgreSQL DB-Architect
email: ries at vantwisk.nl
web:   http://www.rvantwisk.nl/
skype: callto://r.vantwisk