[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11260: Feature: Speed up xml2array by adding a two level cache

Fabrizio Branca news at _REMOVETHIS_fabrizio-branca.de
Thu Jun 4 10:32:35 CEST 2009

Hi Olly

> Great patch! You already knew that... ;)

Thanks :)

> When the XML parser fails with an error message (e.g. "Line x: no
> element found") that result can be in the runtime cache but should not
> enter the database cache. Checking whether the result of
> xml2arrayProcess() is an array should be enough here...

Why shouldn't even this be cached? Unless the xml does not change, even
the errornous result won't change. And this should also be something
that should be cached. If we would not cache this, we would spend alot
of time in parsing this invalid xml over and over again. And if the xml
will be corrected we'll get a new hash resulting in a new cache entry.

Bye,

Fabrizio