[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11260: Feature: Speed up xml2array by adding a two level cache

Oliver Hader oliver at typo3.org
Thu Jun 4 10:25:24 CEST 2009

Hi,

Fabrizio Branca schrieb:
> Hi,
>
>> please make patches that apply against trunk root and add the bug id
>> to the
>> patch name.
>
> (Ok, there _was_ some more I could have done wrong... :)
>
> I've attached a new patch. Against root and with correct filename.
> And I removed the (un)serialze's. Thanks for the hint!
>
> Another nice feature I thought of would be, if the caching framework
> itself would support chaining of caches. The new "chained cache" could
> behave like a normal cache, but would ask the next cache in the chain if
> it has no result and update itself on a cache hit on the next level...

Great patch! You already knew that... ;)

There's one scenario that should not stored in the second level cache
using the caching framework:
When the XML parser fails with an error message (e.g. "Line x: no
element found") that result can be in the runtime cache but should not
enter the database cache. Checking whether the result of
xml2arrayProcess() is an array should be enough here...

Besides that +1 on reading and testing

olly
--
Oliver Hader