[TYPO3-core] RFC #6853: item state CUR for pages of type "shortcut" missing in menus

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Wed Jun 3 13:41:26 CEST 2009

> STANDARD SCENARIO:
> root
>  |- page 1
>  |- page 2
>  |- page 3 (shortcut to page 4)
>    |- page 4
>    |- page 5
>

> CASE [A] - Click at "page 3" or "page 4" and you get:
>
> root
>  |- page 1
>  |- page 2
>  |- page 3 CUR (shortcut to page 4)
>    |- page 4 CUR
>    |- page 5
>

> CASE [B] - Click at "page 5" and you get:
>
> root
>  |- page 1
>  |- page 2
>  |- page 3 (shortcut to page 4)
>    |- page 4
>    |- page 5 CUR
>

> I think CASE [A] is less consistent while we are talking about user
> experience. This will be not clear why "page 3" is for example bold if I
> click at "page 4" and is not bold if I click at "page 5".

how things look like depends on your layout - if your ACT state is
styled accordingly, it'll look the same for ACT and CUR - but the point
is that CUR doesn't like to itself.

> But after I little bit TypoScript trick, it can be solved with "special
> = list" and "special.value.cObject = CONTENT". And this will of course
> support CUR and ACT.
>

> 10 = HMENU
> 10.wrap = <ul class="clearfix">|</ul>
> 10 {
>
>   special = list
>   special.value.cObject = CONTENT
>   special.value.cObject {
>     table = pages
>     select {
>      pidInList = 708
>      selectFields = uid,shortcut
>     }
>     renderObj = TEXT
>     renderObj.dataWrap = {field:shortcut//field:uid},
>   }
>
>   1 = TMENU
>   1 {
>     noBlur=1
>     NO.stdWrap.htmlSpecialChars = 1
>
>     ACT < .NO
>     ACT = 1
>     ACT.ATagParams = class="active"
>     }
> }

although it's working, it looks a bit odd to me having to do this
workaround to get a proper menu. And what do you do if you have one
shortcut page among others say in a menu using entryLevel=1 ? It won't
work again.

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch