[TYPO3-core] RFC #6853: item state CUR for pages of type "shortcut" missing in menus

Krystian Szymukowicz t33k.RE.MO.VE at RE.MO.VE.prolabium.com
Wed Jun 3 13:20:22 CEST 2009

Franz Koch wrote:
> Hey Joey,

>> Please check my note in the bugtracker and read this one too:
>> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=1692
>>
>> The problem is not about item states (which are correct) but about a
>> misconception of the generated links when using shortcut pages.
>
> That's of course also a big issue. Using realurl already "solves" this
> problem (that's why I never noticed it), but for sure the core also has
> to support this. But that's a different issue in my eyes, because even
> if the URL would be correct, the item state CURrent will still be wrong.

After reading Joey arguments I think he is right. I am not talking about
links but about states.

Just look how the menu would looks like with following standard scenario:

STANDARD SCENARIO:
root
  |- page 1
  |- page 2
  |- page 3 (shortcut to page 4)
    |- page 4
    |- page 5

CASE [A] - Click at "page 3" or "page 4" and you get:

root
  |- page 1
  |- page 2
  |- page 3 CUR (shortcut to page 4)
    |- page 4 CUR
    |- page 5

CASE [B] - Click at "page 5" and you get:

root
  |- page 1
  |- page 2
  |- page 3 (shortcut to page 4)
    |- page 4
    |- page 5 CUR

I think CASE [A] is less consistent while we are talking about user
experience. This will be not clear why "page 3" is for example bold if I
click at "page 4" and is not bold if I click at "page 5".

This however can be a matter of "taste" so maybe there could be a switch
to activate behaviour of this patch.

I liked Franz's path because it solved my case with shortcuts in sysfolder:

root
  |- page 1
  |- page 2

  |- footer links (sysfolder)
    |- page 4 (shortcut to page1)
    |- page 5 (shortcut to page2)

But after I little bit TypoScript trick, it can be solved with "special
= list" and "special.value.cObject = CONTENT". And this will of course
support CUR and ACT.

10 = HMENU
10.wrap = <ul class="clearfix">|</ul>
10 {

   special = list
   special.value.cObject = CONTENT
   special.value.cObject {
     table = pages
     select {
      pidInList = 708
      selectFields = uid,shortcut
     }
     renderObj = TEXT
     renderObj.dataWrap = {field:shortcut//field:uid},
   }

   1 = TMENU
   1 {
     noBlur=1