[TYPO3-core] RFC: #3527: Bug: Wrongly encoded characters in mail form validation popup

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Jun 1 23:24:14 CEST 2009

Martin Kutschker wrote: on 30.05.2009 17:50:

>> 2) now with forceCharset=utf-8 and removing the charset settings in
>> TypoScript. Something changes with the patch applied, but it isn't
>> really good also. See attached screenshots. :(
>
> Can you check what results do you get with the attached HTML-file?

Looks good on my IE6-XP. Also ok on FF etc.

> On my Windows XP all browsers except IE choose an appropriate font for
> all languages (German, Russian, Greek, Japanese, Chinese and Chinese
> trad.). But even IE showed only the square box meaning "character not
> found in this font" and not the broken characters.
>
> Maybe something went wrong with your setup and the TS code wasn't in the
> same charset as the output charset.

Maybe. I just re-tested my previous setup and it seems that it is really
ok now. I am sorry for the confusion, but I guess there were some
caching / browser-funnyness involved.

The bad-message is now OK with Francois' patch in IE6/FF3 with
forceCharset=utf8, even the cyrill text.

So Francois, +1 on reading and testing on your latest patch (27.3.).

Thanks Masi for insisting on the issue. ;)

Cheers,
Ernesto