[TYPO3-core] RFC #9455: RTE incorrectly modifies external links and causes problems with subdomains

Dan Osipov dosipov at phillyburbs.com
Thu Jul 30 23:11:42 CEST 2009

Oliver,

This is a bug, so it should be fixed. I felt that the best way of fixing
it without breaking anything is by adding the configuration. If the
config value is not available, everything will work as before.

Link is converted from <a href="http://sub.example.com/news/local.html">
into <link news/local.html - external-link-new-window "Opens external
link in new window"> which is what causes the issue.

We first experienced it in tt_news, but my guess is that its affecting
other areas as well. Any internal link will be parsed this way, and
produce an incorrect link in this set up.

Dan Osipov
Calkins Media
http://danosipov.com/blog/