[TYPO3-core] RFC #11593: Field t3ver_label is to small for uids >= 100000

Fabrizio Branca news at _REMOVETHIS_fabrizio-branca.de
Wed Jul 29 12:00:55 CEST 2009

> I suppose in some cases uids are treated as integers.
> To avoid overflow you've to test the max-length through PHP_INT_MAX or
> to limit it to the smallest max-value of all systems.
> Otherwise another type-handling has to be implemented (I suppose that
> would at least brake down some extensions).

I think this is not within the responsibility of the code affecting the
t3ver_label field. The point in this case is only that the
auto-generated string "MOVE-TO PLACEHOLDER for #<uid>", that will be
inserted to this field on move operations in workspaces, is longer than
30 characters if the <uid> has more than 5 digits.

Bye,

Fabrizio