[TYPO3-core] RFC #11593: Field t3ver_label is to small for uids >= 100000

David Bruchmann typo3-team-core at bruchmann-web.de
Wed Jul 29 10:45:10 CEST 2009

----- Ursprüngliche Nachricht -----
Von:        Fabrizio Branca <news at _REMOVETHIS_fabrizio-branca.de>
Gesendet:   Dienstag, 28. Juli 2009 16:01:18
An:         typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de
CC:
Betreff:    [TYPO3-core] RFC #11593: Field t3ver_label is to small for
uids >=	100000
> This is an SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Bugfix
>
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/bug_view_advanced_page.php?bug_id=11593
>
> Branches:
> trunk
>
> Problem:
> When having a TYPO3 installation with uids > 100000, those records can't
> be moved in a workspace because a the t3ver_label will be populated with
> the string "MOVE-TO PLACEHOLDER for #100000", that is longer than 30
> characters which is the size of this field
>
> Solution:
> Increase the field size from varchar(30) to varchar(255)

Hi,

I suppose in some cases uids are treated as integers.
To avoid overflow you've to test the max-length through PHP_INT_MAX or
to limit it to the smallest max-value of all systems.
Otherwise another type-handling has to be implemented (I suppose that
would at least brake down some extensions).

Here is the manual-page:
http://de2.php.net/manual/en/language.types.integer.php

Best Regards
David