[TYPO3-core] RFC #11076: DBAL: Cannot connect to non-local Oracle database with SID

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Tue Jul 21 22:19:48 CEST 2009

Patrick Gaumond wrote:

Hi Patrick,

> I think our Stanislas has those "implicit +1" for RTEhtmlarea already.

with the difference Stanislas being a core dev.

> Maybe since DBAL is complex and no CoreDev got enough time to test maybe
> we could make DBAL an extension with "+1 by reading from a CoreDev
> mandatory" (but testing isn't).

Might be an option but that's not up to me alone to decide that. But
until then we should at least try to stick to the review process.

However, it's definitly not that I want to stop DBAL development annd
bugfixing or want to discourage Xavier in his work. As you might have
noticed I went through quite a lot of RFCs since yesterday, what I
checked as RM was that all the commits got the necessary +1s. I don't
think that's something you wouldn't want me to do, agreed?

Admittedly I found a lot more RFCs with insufficient +1s where I didn't
say something as the impact of their changes were too low.

all the best
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner