[TYPO3-core] RFC #11076: DBAL: Cannot connect to non-local Oracle database with SID

Patrick Gaumond gaumondpatrick-s-p-a-m at hotmail-sp-a-m.com
Tue Jul 21 19:37:42 CEST 2009

Ingo Renner wrote:
> Xavier Perseguers wrote:
>
> Hi Xavier,
>
>> This patch has implicit +1 by reading by Karsten
>
> for the sake of traceability I'd like to require an explicit statement
> from Karsten. Implicit +1s do not really exist. The problem is that this
> might become an issue if it spreads an people start stating having
> gotten implicit +1s from other on their RFCs.

Hi Ingo,

I think our Stanislas has those "implicit +1" for RTEhtmlarea already.

Maybe since DBAL is complex and no CoreDev got enough time to test maybe
we could make DBAL an extension with "+1 by reading from a CoreDev
mandatory" (but testing isn't).

If not, I fear Xavier's work (and passion) will get lost.

I've seen Steffen K's answer about VM but I think he has enough already
with TV, extJS-BE and 41 patches awaiting +1 in the BT...  ;)

Patrick