[TYPO3-core] RFC #11474: Store separate extlist for the frontend

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Mon Jul 20 14:18:14 CEST 2009

Hi Steffen and Xavier,

Looking at the code after Steffens comment, I see that this is not
working at the moment, anyway. t3skin only takes effect in the BE, no
matter of frontend editing.

> the case with t3skin as example shows even a more complicate issue. If
> "not loaded in FE" t3lib_extMgm::isLoaded would return 0. It's called
> even if you only need the extPath. (the skin is only located in
> extension, no ext processing is needed)
> But all TBE_STYLES declaration in t3skin is done with TYPO_MODE = BE, so
> even without the flag the var won't be filled (another issue why
> TBE_STYLES doesn't exist in FE context).
> So introducing a var "doNotLoadInFE" need other behaviour of isLoaded as
> boolean isn't sufficient then, like
> 0 => not present
> 1 => present, but not loaded in this context
> 2 => present and loaded in this context

To conclude: It just means that there's a bug with t3skin and this has
nothing to with this patch at all.

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out