[TYPO3-core] RFC #6875 bugfix: Sorting inverted by cut/copying IRRE Records

Oliver Hader oliver at typo3.org
Fri Jul 17 00:12:24 CEST 2009

Hi Nabil,

Nabil Saleh schrieb:
> This is a SVN patch request.
>
> Type: bugfix
>
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6875
>
> Branches: 4.2 , Trunk
>
> Problem:
> If you want to move a IRRE record with manual sorted child records, the
> sorting of the child records will be inverted.
>
> First is last, last is first and so on...
>
> Solution:
> specify destination when moving records

I prefer the array_reverse() patch I found in the bugtracker. I did some
small corrections - however even if that patch looks lazy, it saves a
lot of SQL queries. If negative page IDs are used on moving, the
following happens:
-> moveRecord([table], [uid], -13)
   * resolvePid([table], -13)
     * SELECT pid FROM [table] WHERE uid=13
     * returns real page ID of that record, e.g. 43
   * moving record with [uid] to page with ID 43

Thus, each child record would produce another SELECT query when negative
page IDs would be used here.

+1 on reading and testing the reverse_array() patch as attached

I'm going to take care of the commit later this day.
Thanks for your contribution!

olly
--
Oliver Hader