[TYPO3-core] RFC #11474: Store separate extlist for the frontend

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Thu Jul 16 12:01:27 CEST 2009

Rupert Germann schrieb:
> Benjamin Mack wrote:
>> On 15.07.2009 15:56 Uhr, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
>>> Better idea:
>>> 'modes' =>  'FE,BE,CLI',
>>>
>>> For compatibility empty means all.
>>>
>> I like this way better as well. I hate these options "doNotDoBla" as
>> it's so confusing.
>
> what's confusing on "Do not" ?!

It's awkward and IMHO switches should never be negative. A switch should
enable stuff, not disable stuff. So instead of adding the numerous
doNotFoobar switches the default values of enableFoobar switches should
have been set to "on":

// default to true
if (!isset($enableSwitch) or $enableSwitch)) {
}

> I'd say "modes" is way more confusing, because the term "mode" is used for
> all and everything.

The constant is called only TYPO3_MODE, but "context" would IMHO
describe it quite well. Unfortunately context is used in v5 differently.

Masi