[TYPO3-core] RFC #11474: Store separate extlist for the frontend

Rupert Germann rupi at gmx.li
Thu Jul 16 00:11:09 CEST 2009

Benjamin Mack wrote:
> On 15.07.2009 15:56 Uhr, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
>> Better idea:
>> 'modes' =>  'FE,BE,CLI',
>>
>> For compatibility empty means all.
>>
> I like this way better as well. I hate these options "doNotDoBla" as
> it's so confusing.

what's confusing on "Do not" ?!
I'd say "modes" is way more confusing, because the term "mode" is used for
all and everything.

Come on dudes, this is getting a bit overconstructed.
Where are the use cases for "modes" FE and CLI?
This patch is mostly about FE performance. I don't currently see a usecase
where one could benefit from loading an extension only in FE.
and by adding more options (that will possibly never used in realworld) we
only add more error possibilities.

greets
rupert