[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11487: Feature: Open InlineHelp in Ext Js non-modal windows

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Tue Jul 7 15:43:47 CEST 2009

Hi Masi,

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>> this is a SVN patch request.
>>
>> Type: Feature
>>
>> Bugtracker references:
>> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=11487
>>
>> Branches: trunk
>>
>> central point for inlineHelp link rendering is
>> t3lib_beFunc::helpTextIcon where the handler is installed.
>> There is a preconfigured dimension in
>> $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['BE']['PopupSizes']['inlineHelp'] =
>> array(400, 300)
>> which can be overridden in localconf.php.
>
> Do we have CGL for JS? I'd have formatted the JS code a bit differently.
>
> I admit I haven't read the new CGL, but wasn't there a rule to avoid
> global and use $GLOBALS instead?

i didn't made cleanup. The global $BACK_PATH simply was forgotten as it
was used before - wonder why it worked. So cleanup here (GLOBALS instead
of global) will follow after it.

> And Steffen I wondered when you showed the code to me why the window
> opening is done via via DOM manipulating instead by generating a
> different window-open function. As you had to change the code that
> generates the links you could have done it easily in this way. This has
> the advantage that you can pass JS-window-open parameters for the
> open-in-new-window feature.

it's the source i showed to you ;) Here it is a register process, where
popup types are passed with their dimensions. There is no DOM
manipulation, only event catching, there a new window is created.
Only new is the button to open it in new window, and sure, the dimension
can be used as well.

> Something else I would like to change see is the open method of the
> IframeWindow class - BTW, how do we protected our ux classes from the
> ones in the wild? * - it resembles neither the JS window function nor
> the standard ExtJS signature of "option" parameters. How about open(url,
> target, options) where "options" is an array. Options takes all options
> from Ext.window and JS window open (perhaps with a "javascript"
> sub-array to pass stuff that might be different for the JS-window from
> the Ext.window (like height and width).

the class is different to an object which is used in a context. So the
few params are passed in the register method. If you have a better idea,
try it. As this is the "first" ux for core we may find common solutions
later anyway.

> And added benefit would be the possibility for a TYPO3.open function
> where target could be '_iframe'. Instead of a JS-window open it would
> use the iframe class to open the url.

you can register any link with this class. Here selector is class, but
you can choose any available selector like target, rel etc.

> Masi
>
> * IMHO we shouldn' use ux at all. If it's working outside of TYPO3,
> fine. The user shall be grateful that it works and not mind if it's
> Ext.ux or Ext.TYPO3.

We didn't defined that yet. We can create an own namespace, like t3ux or
something simular.

vg Steffen