[TYPO3-core] RFC #11023: Table sys_refindex cannot be created with DBAL

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Mon Jul 6 17:46:52 CEST 2009

Hi Xavier & Martin,

>> BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=11023

* Committed to Trunk (rev. @5694)

Find more details about the issue below.

> The key is defined that way for some reason. And I recall troubles with
> this kind of keys. But I remember that the parser (at least one of the
> few SQL parsers of TYPO3) supports it. The correct solution is IMHO for
> DBAL to accept that definition and to ignore it for other DBs.

True. I remember that I added this prefix some time ago. The reason for
it was that $TYPO3_CONF_VARS[SYS][multiplyDBfieldSize] (which was often
used for storing UTF-8 data in Latin1 tables some time ago). As soon as
this property is set to 2 or more, TYPO3 will convert varchar fields to
text fields during table generation.

However, it is not possible to define a key on a text field because
these have an undefined length while keys must not be longer than 1000
bytes. So thanks to this limiter, the key was valid again and
sys_refindex could be created successfully.

It has to be said that this is valid SQL, so actually the right way of
solving it would be to have DBAL take care of it.

However, since I think that multiplyDBfieldSize is somewhat outdated, we
should not care about this any longer.

So I did commit the change as proposed by you.

Regards, Michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out