[TYPO3-core] RFC: Require branch/tag specification for testing votes

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Sun Jul 5 12:35:49 CEST 2009

Hi,

>> Example:
>> "+1 by reviewing and testing on branch 4-1 and trunk"
>>
>> With such votings we can see what branch is still untested. That's
>> something we currently don't see at all.

I agree with that. We indeed had errors in the recent past with patches
designed for trunk (for example) which applied with errors to older
branches.

Furthermore I would like to stress that we should pay attention to
having +1's for both reading *and* testing. There's always the case of
no-brainers which can go through more quickly (although care must always
be taken that), but for other patches they shouldn't go through with
just insufficient reading and testing.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter